Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Valentine's Tree of Love

My favorite holiday to decorate has always been Christmas. And I imagine it is most people's favorite time of the year to decorate as well. I love all the lights and garland...
(Oops.. I can easily get off task when thinking about Christmas... and Christmas decorations...)

Over the years I have learned to decorate for each holiday and/or season. To me, it is fun to change it all out and see the new decorations. When you only use them for such a short amount of time during the year you begin to look forward to them year after year.
Plus, I am good at remembering when, where, and how good of a deal I got on each item. I enjoying sharing this information - I suppose you could call it bragging. I choose to call it sharing.
:)

Ever since I started reading blogs I became fascinated with decorating and crafting.
So many people out there are so skilled at what they do.
And I'm a big enough person to admit I am jealous of them.
I can never think of anything on my own. I have to see the idea. Then I buy the 'ingredents' needed with good intentions to make the craft/decoration. Most of the time, I never make the project. The items just sit there until the following year when I see the same idea again and then maybe I'll accomplish the task.
(Just as I plan on doing this weekend.)

Decorations tend to be easier for me. Just give me a place to store them and I am good to go. Speaking of storage for decorations...
Right now I store all my decorations in big tupperware boxes. I saw a wonderful storage idea I plan on putting into use once I own a home and can do it properly. I'm very excited about this idea - I think it will keep me more organized. I'll keep you in suspense for now that way I don't ruin my future (as in this spring or summer) post.

So back to my Valentine's Tree of LOVE....
So when I first started reading blogs it was near Valentine's Day and I kept seeing posts about Valentine's decorations and it was amazing to see how many people decorated trees. All sorts of trees - some very elaborate. (Wish I had saved the pictures to show you.)
Ever since then I have wanted one of my own. 
I have seen some cool trees at Hobby Lobby but have always been to frugal to buy one. 
For the past 3 years I have been telling myself I will buy a pink tree after Christmas when they go 75% off. Of course there have never been any left at that point. I broke down this year and decided to buy it from Wal-Mart for 50% off making it $10.
I know, what a shock, right?
I couldn't help myself.
I wanted it so bad!
I had to have it!

Luckily I had bought heart ornaments last year and I already had red bead garland and one large heart ornament that I am using as my topper so the only cost associated with this tree was the tree itself since I don't count what I spent previously.
I don't have a table to put it on so I had to improvise by 'wrapping' a box with 4 red napkins I bought a few years ago.
How do you like it???

I am in L O V E with it!

 Do you see the hearts on the wall above the tree?
I bought those for 75% off after Christmas this year. I knew they would be perfect - especially at $0.25 each.

I have also done a few other minor decorations such as:
This area is still a work in progress.
Believe it or not, I do have a few ideas.
 See the pot and hearts on sticks?
 I have a Valentine's craft all ready for these.
 Aren't the doggies cute?
Bought these from Kohl's either last year or the year before.
I'm tempted to leave them out all year.

I end with a picture of my crazy dog.
Matt took this picture over the weekend.
I am sitting in my rocking chair while surfing the web and this is how my adorable dog chooses to sleep.
LOL!
He leads such a rough life can't you tell?

2 comments:

  1. Loverly! I really like it very much.. so festive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!
    It looks even better in person! I am very happy with how it turned out. I like how how it is only red and pink - which to me, are the colors of LOVE! Ha ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete