Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I Hate Being Nervous

Don't you just hate when your stomach is in knots?
Or maybe you feel butterflies fluttering around inside your stomach...
I sure do.
I felt like that yesterday.
I had my first day of work at my new job and I felt like a nervous wreck. I even gave myself a headache due to the stress I felt.
I hate being the new person - as I'm sure everyone else does as well. I was so used to knowing my job well and already knowing everyone. I will have to make sure I make an effort to be extra welcoming to any new staff who comes in after me. Luckily for me, all my new co-workers seem very nice.

Today was MUCH better for me!
At least now I know how to get to my office without getting lost.
:)
I am hoping tomorrow I will have access to the computer which will make my life so much easier.
I feel once I get through this week my life will start a new routine and everything will be good again. Not to say it isn't good - it's just off balance at the moment.
I guess you could say I am having 'culture shock'.
LOL!

Without even doing my new job yet I can already see the perks.... I have a big desk with lots of drawers - I even have a key to lock them! Yahoo!!! It's the small things that make me happy.
I can where jeans everyday if I want to - I wont though. I plan on picking one day a week and only wearing them on that day. Dress for success, right?
My boss also seems very nice which is important to me.

After work I had my first crocheting class.
It was awesome!
Completely wonderful!
So glad I signed up.
Can't wait for next week.
It is a 2 hour class that will last for 4 weeks. Suppose to be 8 of us, but there were only 2 other ladies besides myself.
I absolutely enjoyed the program manager and trainer. They were both very personable. We have homework which is to keep practicing which I will do for sure. I'll be sure to post a picture of me work.

I have decided to buy picture space so I can continue posting on here without deleting more pictures. It is very inexpensive and will allow me more time to research getting my own domain name. *Insert Sigh*

Hope you are having a good week!



No comments:

Post a Comment