Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

How's 2011 Treating ya?

Happy 2011!
So weird to type that!
Even weired to say it...
2010 sure went by fast huh?

I accomplished my major 'hurdle' which was to get a better job!
I never wrote about it on here, but I start my new job tomorrow. I am a little nervous. I will still be working for the same company but in a whole different building. I'll be sure to let you know how my first week goes.

To celebrate the change of year, Matt and I went out to eat both New Year's eve and New Year's day since we had a gift card to one restaurant and a gift certificate we had bought from online.

Now we are starting a lifestyle change by eating better starting today.
That is both of our New Year resolutions.
I also hope to monitor my money better, buy a house, and do more crafts I have been putting off because I am too lazy sometimes.
I was going to add some other resolutions, but I didn't want to scare myself and then become unmotivated.

Interested in how I hope to change all of these habits?
I think it is important to write them down so I have a plan to follow and so certain people can ask me about them since I wrote them down for all to see.

Goal 1
Eat healthier (hopefully lose weight along the way)
I already eat cereal for breakfast which I should be measuring and should accompany with a piece of fruit. Simple right? 2 or 3 hours later, eat a snack of some sort of veggie or fruit. Simple as long as I go to the grocery store to have fresh food in the house. Lunch is an easy task too. I only get a 30 minute lunch which means I am unable to go out and eat fast food. After lunch is where it becomes harder for me. I am usually STARVED by the time I leave work. I need to learn to eat a snack either while at work towards the end of the day or on my way home from work. Since I tend to not do this, I end up going home and eating a 'snack' to tide me over until dinner - the reality of what happens is I snack until I am full and then no longer want dinner. I will now eat a snack and then cook dinner. Sounds easy enough, but I know this will continue to be a challenge for me. I'll accomplish this by cooking dinner a few times a week and then eating leftovers on the other nights.

Goal 2
Monitor my money better
I do a good job at this already, but to get to goal 3 I need to do even better. I used to be very good at writing every penny I spent into a notebook. I will be doing this again. I want to know exactly where it all goes. I like seeing how much I spend every week. If this doesn't help me, I will take out X amount of money and just use cash - once it is spent, it is spent.

Goal 3
Buy a house
I have already been working on this one. :)
More about this another day.

Goal 4
Complete crafts I have already bought supplies
Sit down and just do it.
Tuesday I start a one month crocheting class for beginners. I'm very excited about it. Hopefully I learn lots!
I have enough Christmas balls to make the 2 Christmas wreaths I have been wanting to make since last year when I bought them on clearance after Christmas. I hope to finish them both by the end of the month. Then I want to learn to use my sewing machine by the end of February. Not sure how I'll accomplish those, but I know I can do it.

Did you make any resolutions? If you did, good luck! :)



2 comments:

  1. Yeah! They called about the crocheting class! How fun. You will then need to teach me something more than granny squares! Love you Jess. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have forgot to tell you... they called about 2 weeks ago... I'll give you more details later. Hopefully I learn a lot and can teach you and Matt. :)

    ReplyDelete