Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Happy Belated Birthday To ME!

I bet you have been wondering where I have been.
:)

I was gonna tell you I have been oh so busy doing this and that and how I just didn't have time to get online. However, that is simply not true. I have no reason to lie so I wont.
I have been lazy and unmotivated to get online. Work has been rougher then usual and has been burning me out. I come home and all I want to do is sit and watch TV. No wonder I have such a hard time losing weight. 

My birthday was back on Monday.
Go figure I woke up not feeling well!
And I still had to drive back to KY for work the following day.

I got some great presents from my family and Matt.
Mom and G got me a sewing machine... I haven't used it yet, but I do plan on getting lots of use of it. I need to learn how to use it first.

I have been busy decorating for Christmas around my home.
I have not been in the mood as much as I usually am... probably because of work... but my tree is up and BEAUTIFUL!
 I would still like to make it even better, but I am out of ideas. I know I wanted it to have the theme of candy (I love the red and white theme). But, I do not have a ton of money to buy more supplies so this outcome is what I get for this year. After Christmas when everything is cheaper I will buy more items to make the tree even better next year. I like how the "stems" look when plucked randomly into the tree. Do you know what I am talking about? i don't know how else to describe them

- Beneath the tree is a candy themed wreath I am supposed to be working on. Again, I have no interest for some reason. Better luck next year. -

Check out my new ornament I bought yesterday from Hallmark with my $5 off coupon. (Made it $1 before tax.)

Because I am crazy I will let you in on a secret....
My tree was already decorated before yesterday... I choose to redo it since I was unhappy with the outcome.
This is the before look... seemed to dark... not a good look for a Christmas tree which should be bright and happy looking.
 I think the red and white ribbon makes the tree look much brighter!
I will need to take more time on it next year to evenly space out the rows. I wanted to get it done last night before Matt got here - I wasn't done with the ornaments when he did arrive.

Here are a few of the decorations I bought last year after Christmas which I am in LOVE with:
Next Christmas I WILL have a house and I know everything WILL look even better! 

Have you watched the Grinch yet?
I have seen it twice already.
I still need to watch Home Alone and Christmas Vacation - a must do every year; usually twice.

Look what we woke up to this morning:
 Luckily, it does not seem to be sticking to the streets.
We were suppose to have 1 to 2 inches overnight. I think this is the perfect amout - covers the grass but not the road.

Last week when I was home Matt and I went to the Opryland Hotel to see the lights - something I have done every year since my family first moved to TN when I was a child.

It is losing its WOW factor.
Was not worth going through the crowds and parking far away.
I thought for sure there would be some new things to see since most of it was ruined in the flood. But no, everything was the same as usual.
Even Disney mixes things up every seven years...
I told Matt we will be taking a break from the hotel for a few years. Maybe by then it will all look new and magical once again to me.


1 comment: