Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Internet Outage

I didn’t feel like blogging over the weekend and Monday after work my cable and internet were out.
As in they weren’t working!
OMG!
Imagine!
(Insert shudder)
I turned my TV on that is connected to the cable box and all I got was a message saying my channel will be on shortly. So I waited and waited. Followed by more waiting.
Finally I turned it off then back on only to get the same message. I tried my TV in my room which is not connected to a cable box, but still no cable.
Okay, I thought. I’ll watch a movie on Netflix.
Internet wouldn’t connect so I turned my computer on to see what was wrong.
Over an hour later I finally decided to call Insight and see if there was an outage or if I was the only one with these issues.
So far it was just me.
She was very friendly… just didn’t give me the news I wanted to hear. If 3 people around me had connection problems within the hour, they would send someone out that night. If it was just me, they would send a technician out tomorrow between 2:30 and 5:30 PM.
I was so bored!
What did people do before cable and internet?
What on Earth did I used to do?
I decided to bake some oatmeal butterscotch cookies.
Then I ran out of things to do.

Today I got a phone call around 3:30 PM from the cable guy saying he was at my door. I asked him if I was supposed to be home. He said yes. I told him I didn’t know this. I asked him if he could come back after 4:40. He said he didn’t know – he had 2 more jobs to do. If he had time, he would stop by. He never came. I had to call Insight to make another appointment which is set for Monday. L

So now I am “borrowing” the internet from my neighbor. I don’t like doing things like this. I wrote this blog on Word prior to connecting to someone else’s internet so I could get on and off at least.
I should have got on earlier to print off a recipe I originally planned on making today. Oh well though. Tomorrow is a new day… maybe I’ll make it then.

I’ll blog and post pictures tomorrow of what I have been meaning to post. I just wanted you all to know I am still alive. J


No comments:

Post a Comment