Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Turkey Day!

I hope everyone had/is having a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I'm hoping you have plenty of time to spend with your family and friends.
I am very thankful for the time I have been able to spend with my loved ones.

My mom got sick last night so we did not do Thanksgiving dinner here since she didn't think she would be able to handle the smells. Instead, I went to Matt's house for Thanksgiving dinner.
(Fried)

It sure was yummy!
They cooked a fried turkey, a smoked turkey, smoked salmon, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, and other things I cannot remember right now. We had a very nice meal. They will have some good leftovers.

Hopefully my mom feels better soon.... then we will do our family Thanksgiving.
I hate that she is sick, but it will be nice to eat a full turkey dinner twice. ;)
(Too cute!)

I was a little tempted to go to Walgreen's today to get all the free items after Register Rewards. I made the executive decision not to go though. I hate that some people have to work on Thanksgiving. I remember the days when only places like gas stations were opened. Then one year K-Mart was opened... I'll admit we went and bought a few CDs.
No matter how good of a deal something is, I have promised myself I will not buy anything from a store (besides a newspaper from a gas station) on Thanksgiving day.

Remember, I worked in retail for about 5 years combined.
It sucks working on or around holidays!
If you do shop, please remember to be kind to the store employees. They are forced to be there unlike you who made the choice to be away from your holiday celebrations.

I will start shopping tonight around midnight. I'm sure that's no better, but I am able to rationalize the act of shopping at that hour.
I will share all the good deals I get tomorrow.
There isn't too much I want - but hopefully I get everything I am wanting.
I hope to be done shopping by 6 AM and back in bed.
Maybe I will get a lot of my Chirstmas shopping done. I do not want to be Christmas shopping all the way up to the weekend before Christmas. I would like to be done about halfway through December.

Be safe while shopping tomorrow!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment