Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Loving Pottery Bowls

I had a great weekend even though Matt and I did spend time together. Kinda weird being alone... I think this is only the third time since I moved.
Friday night I got a haircut, shopped at Kroger, cooked dinner, and then did some cleaning followed by crafts (I'll post tomorrow or another day).
Of course I also looked online and watched lots and lots of TV.

Saturday I did some shopping at Kohl's and Meijer.
I had to buy an undergarment to go under my bridesmaid's dress and while there I checked out the clearance racks where I found some plain t-shirts for $4.00 each. Good deal for me since I wear these too work while they still look new and then I wear them around the house.
I bought 2 pairs of jean capris at Meijer for $3.00 each... don't laugh or judge me, but they are maternity capris.
I figured
1. I don't care,
2. No one will know,
3. They are comfortable, and
4. They were cheap!
What can I say, normal capris were upsetting me.
:)
Remember, I am on Weight Watchers now making a lifestyle change so I will be able to donate them after this season.

I also rented Letters to Juliet (cute movie) and Dear John (which I have already seen).

Today I went to church - ALL BY MYSELF for the first time! I wasn't even a little bit nervous like I thought I would be. I am very proud of myself. It's all about baby steps.

Then I went to my friend Shelley's house (after buying 4 newspapers which I checked and still 2 of them were missing one insert each). She showed me her home and taught me some things about pottery making which is her passion.
I took one picture while there of our bowls.
Mine is the one in the back.
(Looks like 2 boobs... he he he!)
When I took this picture, we still weren't done.
Still not done as of now either... mine will be changing to artwork to display on my bookshelf.
We made these with our hands. She weighed one pound of clay for both of us and then we removed the air from it. We then made a ball and stuck our thumb about halfway inside to start the inside of the bowl.
She is very talented. I am so glad I went to her house and learn the basics.

Now for some randomness of the week....
Thursday night I made some mac and cheese in my rice cooker from the blog "Joy of Cooking" (see the side of my blog for the link).
My mom made this last weekend for a side dish with lunch last weekend and I loved how simple and easy it was.
 Before I got the picture above, I got the one below.
My camera that I have had since November 2004 is starting to die. I am sad. Good thing I am getting a new one. I think I will go buy it tomorrow. (I'll let you know for sure Matt.)

Went to CVS after buying newspapers today for the rechargeable toothbrush which will be free after coupons and CVS bucks. Both stores I went to were sold out and gave me a rain check. Did you even know they did rain checks? I did not. Actually, that's not true. I did know it, but must have forgotten. 
The guy at the first store asked me if I wanted one since they only had one in the store which was sold first thing this morning. Obviously, I agreed.

I wasn't gonna go to Walgreens today.
However, at 9 PM this evening when I was reading the blogs on my scroll bar on the left I saw how Clorox wipes are 2 for $5.00 and when you buy two, get $2.00 in Register Rewards. Like them on Facebook and you can print 2 $1.00 off coupons. Right now, Walgreens has a glitch in the computer where you buy 2 for $5.00 and you will get 2 $2.00 Register Rewards making them $0.50 each or if you have 2 coupons, $1.00 money maker. I bought 2 for the $1.00 money maker and then 2 more for $1.00. In the end, I got 4 for free!

Good night bloggy friends! 


2 comments:

  1. Your mac and cheese looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very yummy! You should make it! :)

    ReplyDelete