Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Sticker Shock!

As you know I had paid $717 for my dental root canal (goodbye new sofa money)... well I got another bill in the mail a few days ago for another $303 due. This tooth has now became VERY expensive! I called my insurance company yesterday to make sure this was correct and I ended up getting an idiot on the phone who kept talking about co-pays and she was calling my dentist right now. So I waited on hold for about 5 minutes just for her to come back on the line and tell me the dentist office must be closed and I needed to 3-way them next time I called.

It was 5 PM for crying out loud!

They were not closed!

So I called back today on my break and got a nice and well informed representative. Thank goodness she had some sense. I explained the situation and she walked me through the charges. She even emailed me a list of all the co-pays for all the different procedures.... next time, no sticker shock for me. Of course, I am hoping there will not be a next time. I want to have a cavity free mouth. :)



In other news, my car reached 100,000 miles yesterday.
I am sad.
This December it will be 6 years since I bought my car.
My first big purchase.
Time sure does fly!
I plan on driving my car until it dies... which I am hoping is a long, long, long time from now.

 

1 comment:

  1. I hope you got the whole dentist / insurance situation figured out. Let's review your selection during Open Enrollment.

    ReplyDelete