Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Couponing Is Fun!

I came home to Tennessee with Matt on Sunday to stay at my mom's so she can help me out while my foot is healing.
She is coming home with me tomorrow to stay for a few days which I am looking forward to. (We plan on watching all the Twilight movies - meaning, I get to see Eclipse again!)

Today we decided to go to Harris Teeter and Publix so I could show my mom how couponing is properly done.
She needed/wanted my expertise.
I bet now she's laughing.
Stop laughing.
:)
She has been searching, printing and cutting out coupons for the past week or two in preparation for this day. Like me, she wants to save some money by using coupons. I keep telling her just how simple it really is. 
Considering this was her first time doing it by herself, she did pretty good.
At Publix, she saved a little over 50% on her bill.
Whoo hoo!
In time, her coupon stash will be bigger and she will save even more money.

After resting my foot for a few hours and eating dinner, Matt and I went to Books-A-Million and Hollywood Video. If you live near my mom, you should check the local Hollywood Video if you are wanting some new movies. They are going out of business and all movies are now 70% off. They have definitely been picked over - consider yourself warned. Both the movies I really wanted - Couples Retreat and Four Christmases - they did not have in stock.
I did manage to buy 2 and Matt got 2 (not pictured).
At Books-A-Million I bought one book about a woman who starts to become thrifty (I couldn't resist).

While looking around Books-A-Million I saw a bunch of books I need for my collection of my favorite authors.
However, I rarely buy books at full cost so I will just have to wait a little while longer. This wont be so hard to do since I plan on borrowing my mom's Left Behind series.
Maybe I will go to Goodwill this weekend and see if they have any good ones....




No comments:

Post a Comment