Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cheap Kraft Cheese

My mom is here taking care of me which has been nice. I'll miss her when she is gone.

We stayed up late watching Twilight and New Moon.
:)
We went and saw Eclipse in theater today... third time for me!
(I know for sure I have NEVER seen the same movie in theater 3 times.... just goes to show you how big a fan I really am - or how obsessed I am.)

We did do some more shopping at Kroger today.
Here's the deal....
Kroger has there Mega Deals sale going on - buy any 10 participating items get $5 off.
You can do this deal twice in one purchase. If you want to do this deal more, separate your purchases.
Kraft cheese is one of the participating items.
When I was at my mom's house we saw the local Kroger had these on the cheese (so do the ones here):
Buy 5 or more Kraft cheeses and get $5 back to spend on a future purchase.
Mom and I both bought 6 at a time twice today.

Kraft cheese on sale $2.38
- $0.50 each when you buy 10 items
= $1.88 each
Used $1.00 off 2 coupons
= $1.38 each
Buy more then 5 in the purchase get $5 back
Making them $0.38 each
Since I bought 6 at a time, they were $3.28 for them all or $0.55 each.

The $1.00 off coupons were found in front of the cheese section. These coupons were at all 3 Kroger stores we went to.
Now is the time to stock up. I might buy one more set of 6.

When I was at my mom's house yesterday I thought it would be nice to buy cupcakes from a local cupcake store for the four of us.
They look yummy, but really weren't that great.
They were WAY to rich tasting!
I was very disappointed.
They cost $3.75 each and weren't the nicest ones I have ever seen.

My mom had bought fresh blueberries and froze them.
She washed them, dried them, and then laid them out on a cookie sheet and placed them in the freezer.
Once they were completely frozen she placed them in Ziplock bags for the freezer. How easy! I will remember this when for when I see a good deal on fresh blueberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment