Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Louisville Slugger

Since Matt is asleep and Wyatt is laying comfortably on my lap/next to me I decided to write my next post right after the last one.
(Although you are probably actually reading this one first - that's okay.)

Our first stop today was the Louisville Slugger Museum and Factory!
My mom and G went here a few years ago and had mentioned they really enjoyed themselves.
Of course, G loves baseball so at the time I figured I should take that information with a grain of salt.

However, I love all kinds of tours.
Factory tours, store tours, home tours - you name it; I probably I like it!
Plus, as I previously stated, I want to try to see/do all the tourist attractions I can this year.
All that are nearby that is.
I love exploring - I am considering this an adventure.
A challenge...
No, I like adventure better.
An adventure!
Ya, adventure sounds better.

So this is day two of my official adventure.
(Even though I have seen some things already.)

Here's the view from where we parked.
I was excited the moment I saw this glimpse of the bat.
That just goes to show you how tall the bat is!
Amazing, huh?

I didn't want to post this in my previous post because I didn't want to give away any hints as to what we did this morning.

These were along the street and buildings near the Slugger museum and factory.
Just so you know, I took two random pictures of the 15 or so bases and bats since I did not think I would know who any of them are. Fortunately, I have heard of Cal Ripkin, Jr before.
It is a coincidence that I took the picture.

This is the view from across the street and down the road a bit.

This is from across the street.
I timed it just right so no cars would drive through my picture.
Only the best for my viewers!
(And my personal viewing!)

Read this:
(Click the picture to enlarge.)
Interesting!

No trip would be complete without a picture next to the bat.

Ahhhhh!!!
Time to enter!

When you enter the building, you have many options on what to do. You can view (most) of the museum for free, pay $1 at the batting cages to hit 10 balls, go to the gift shop, or go on the factory tour.
We decided to get in line for tickets for the tour right when we got there since we figured we would have to wait awhile before it was our turn. We got lucky though! Right when we got there the tour was starting - we had no wait time.

The factory tour was $10 per person.
Well worth the money.
This was a very fun tour.
I felt our tour guide was knowledgeable and funny.
Picture taking while on the tour of the factory was prohibited.
Our tour guide said we all looked like tourist, but one of us could be a spy from one of there 30 competitors.
LOL!
Imagine that!
Us...spies!
Ha ha ha!
On a serious note, I do understand because you really don't ever know.

The tour consisted of seeing and learning what the bats are made of and how they are made. At each place we stopped along the tour we watched machines and people work and watched a minute clip on some more information. We also got to hold all sorts of bats.

After the factory tour we went to the museum.

Some bats...

This is an example of the cuts they make to get there perfect bats depending on the grains of the wood.

Wax figures and me!
Not so sure what this guy is so happy about - he seemed picture perfect though.

In the bricks.

As we were leaving I needed another picture.
(Matt claims he doesn't want to be a photographer and he only granted me 12 pictures taken by him. I had to use them all up. I also thought this would be a good picture - I think I was right!)

I almost forgot, included with the price of the admission of the factory tour, each person gets a free mini bat.
I had my assistant model with our bats...
He seemed bored!
Guess he doesn't want to be my assistant after all.
Darn!

I bought a magnet to add to my many magnets on my fridge.
Now I wish I had gotten one yesterday from Churchill Downs - help me remember next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment