Pages

Sunday, June 20, 2010

H*O*T Spells HOT!

My title explains this weekend.
I barely wanted to leave the house.
The humidity was awful.

Matt came down for the weekend which was nice for me. I am glad I didn't have to make the drive this weekend. (I took a nap before he got here - just goes to tell you how long of a day I endured.)
Friday when he got here we just sat around watching TV (I saw the Travel Channel episode of the VARSITY Restaurant in Atlanta we went to last July) since he did not get in till 9. This was fine by me. I feel like I had a long work week. More and more people keep getting new jobs and we aren't getting new employees to replace them so of course there work load falls on those of us who are left.
I'm not complaining though.
God blessed me with the job I have and I do like my job.

Moving on...
Saturday I had planned on us going to Maker's Mark distillery tour or the zoo, but again, look at my title.
Once we finally left the house (to venture out for food) we went to lunch at Lynn's Paradise Cafe followed by shopping at Harley Davidson, CVS, Sam's, and Kroger.
(Mom, I tried to get a hold of you so you could meet Matt with G's card and gift, but now we will have to set up another day.)

When we got to Lynn's, we got lucky to get a parking spot. We got there around 11 and the palce was already packed! We were told there was a 20 minutes wait. We got lucky when one of the hostess told us there were 2 available seats at the bar. Obviously we decided to take them since we hadn't ate breakfast.
I would have liked to take some pictures inside the place - too many people around. Next time maybe.

This was actually running water!
Made me want to take a bubble bath!
Doesn't it look inviting? Maybe I need one of these for my home....
LOL!
Just joking!
All over town are horses... I'm sure you have seen them in my other posts... this one is 'Lynn's Paradise Cafe' unique what with its electric plug tail. I saw this horse last time I was here - somehow missed the tail. I was afraid to pick it up at first - I don't think anyone noticed I touched it though.

This is what I decided to order... the top item - Bourbon Ball French toast.
Sounds intriguing.
(Should have got a picture of the whole blurb so you could read the items in it.)
When we first sat down I saw a guy at the table next to us with this meal. I told Matt we needed to figure out what it was so we could get it. That's how good it looked!
It was yummy!
A bit overpriced to me. But I suppose, you are paying for the name since it has been on TV.
We plan on coming here for lunch/dinner one day to try one of those meals.


At CVS I had $8 in Rewards to use so I bought 2 packages of Aqua Globes to help water my plants when I forget or when I am out of town. I imagine these must be on clearance since I have seen them at the store recently for $10. Even Target sells there own brand of these for $5 each. I haven't used them yet so not sure if they will work. Fingers crossed!
I also bought a plant at Kroger.
Only needs low sunlight.
To me, that means easier to maintain since I like my home with blinds closed during the day.
I took about 5 minutes picking out this perfect plant!


For lunch today we made homemade meatball subs.
Meaning, we made our own meatballs! And let me tell you - they were delicious! I was impressed! I thought they would be a little blah, but they weren't.
I meant to take a picture of the completed product. I guess I was so hungry I forgot.
You do get to see the ingredients that are left after I placed are sandwiches in the oven to fully melt together.

How we made the meatball subs

For the meatballs -
In a bowl, combine:
1 egg
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 chopped onions
pepper
salt
garlic

After combining all ingredients, add 1 pound of lean ground beef.
Roll into balls and place on baking sheet lined with foil for easy cleanup.
Cook for 25 - 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove from oven.

Bake a loaf of french bread sliced into 4 sections for 5 - 6 minutes at 400 degrees.
Remove from oven.

Take a section of bread and load with meatballs, provolone cheese, and sauce.
Bake for 5 - 7 minutes at 400 degrees until cheese melts.

Eat and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment