Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Feeling Numb


I had my root canal today.
You jealous?
:)

I went in there a little brave, but mostly scared.
I requested the $30 extra charge for the "nose" aka "happy gas".
I felt it was worth every penny!
It completely helped me relax and not fret too much about what was going on inside my mouth. I also had a great dental assistant working on my mouth. I had no idea just how much they do.... I had just assumed they only passed the tools to the dentist.
I was wrong! I should have known this considering my BFF is a dental assistant!
The dental assistant offered me everything before the work started from sun glasses to an IPOD to help make my visit more "enjoyable". She was very good at helping me feel comfortable. The whole experience lasted almost 2 hours. Such a LONG time!
It wasn't bad in the end.
It seemed to take a long time, but it didn't at the same time. I wish I could have fell asleep. I wonder if anyone ever does? Hmmm...
Once I got in the chair she explained to me what would happened. She then looked at my teeth and gave me the "nose" followed by some sort of gel along the gums where the shots would be given to me. Once the dentist got there, I got 2 or 3 shots to numb the area. Followed by a little more waiting and then some probing to see if I could feel anything - thankfully, I couldn't.
I tried to keep my eyes closed the whole time. I was nice and dopey so this task wasn't too hard. On the TV, the dental assistant had on HGTV which I was happy to half listen to - this channel was already on when I got there - like I said, I liked her.
Besides the TV, I heard the drill and whatever else they used and the assistant and dentist kept telling me what they were doing. All I could feel were vibrations.
I would recommend them. This was a very good experience for me considering why I was there in the first place.
Of course, now I am $711 poorer!
All is good though - that's why I have a savings account. Just sucks to have to use the money on something you don't want. I'm glad I did it right away so I would not talk myself out of getting in done. who knows, I may have never done it and then had an even worse problem.
:)
I go back in 3 weeks for my crown.

After the dentist, I felt well enough to stop at a few stores.
First stop... Hobby Lobby for 80% off all clearance.
I saw a few things I wanted, but since I just spent $700 I figured I would only buy this pumpkin to go with my other one. It's not as cute, but for $3 it will work for what I want it for. It looks like it is a defect - should have more shiny stuff and not just a few spots. Do you see what I mean?
I treated myself to some cherries from Sam's. I also stopped at Wendy's to get some fries since I figured they would be easy to eat. When I got to the window she started handing me a soda. Before grabbing it, I told her I order fries. She apologized and offered me the drink for free,
You know I took it!
It was a Sprite after all.
I'm stilll slowly drinking it! I am being careful not to eat or drink on that side of my mouth. Still kinda numb along with a little pain. I don't think I'll brush that side either.


1 comment:

  1. Proud of you! Such a big girl going to the dentist without me! LOL

    ReplyDelete