Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Lovely Weekend!

What a weekend!



I guess I should begin at the beginning. I am warning you, this will be a long post.


It all started last Monday when I went to complain to the apartment manager where I live about the new neighbors below me who smoke. (She had assured me they would be nonsmokers, but now claims she never said that – go figure!)
To make a long story short, I told her I either wanted to move to a bottom floor apartment, or I wanted out of my lease with no penalty to me which meant I wanted my deposit back. On Wednesday I mailed a certified letter explaining the entire situation and how I tried to fix it and what I wanted done. She was suppose to call me by noon on Friday, but did not call me until almost 4 PM. In hindsight, I am glad I took my mom’s advice and did not call her at 12:10 like I had wanted. She told me they will be having a bottom floor apartment opening up in a week.
The catch - it is a handicap apartment. I told her I would like to see it before making any decisions. She wants me to move in a week or two. I am grateful and glad, but that seems too soon.
Matt cannot come down this upcoming weekend and the following weekend I plan on going to see my brother graduate. I fear I will have to do it that weekend though. I guess I will just have to wait and see. I did get some boxes from G so I will slowly start packing. I packed one box yesterday and that was a pain in the butt! I did manage to pack all my books and DVDs tonight. I am not looking forward to this.


I did decide to hire people to help me move. I researched online that I can hire 2 people for 3 hours for $200 - $250. My plan is to have everything packed and Matt and I will move all the smaller items. I need them to move all the big pieces of furniture. (This is why I want Matt to be here when I move.)


I have not done good on my diet all weekend. I need to do better. I will.
Temptation always gets the best of me.
Sad excuse, I know. Friday Matt and I ate Chinese food. Saturday for lunch I went to Chick-fila with a friend - ate good - had a grilled chicken sandwich, a parfait, and a bottled water. For dinner we ate at 3 Guys burger joint. Mmmmmm! Sunday for brunch I ate with my family at Crackle Barrel - chicken tenders.


Saturday "Dr. Carlise Cullen" was at the mall where my parents live. Of course I had to go see him. I tried to take some pictures with the camera Matt bought me for Christmas....


Side note:
Remember I had washed this camera in the laundry and it stopped working?
Then it started to work while on the charger so I thought I needed a new battery? Matt bought me a new battery and it seemed to work Friday night. However, I woke up Saturday morning to sound of it turning itself on and off. It even did this while on the charger. When it is on, it does random stuff. It will take one picture and then turn off. I really do need a new camera. I might have to bite the bullet on this one after I pay to move.


So I had this camera with me while at the mall and I tried to snap a picture of "Dr. Cullen". It would not cooperate. So I have no picture. :(
I will describe him though. (This will only mean something to you if you have seen the movie and love it and the books as much as I do.)
He was tan, has brown hair, and was dressed in black with Converse shoes on.
Not at all how I picture "Dr. Cullen" to look. NOT AT ALL!
LOL!
He seemed nice from afar though. I was not paying $25 for an autograph or $40 for a picture even though a portion of the proceeds went to a charity called Alex's Lemonade stand.

Here is my only picture - which I took of the sign - not even a good one.
Stupid camera!


Did you know all items in Goodwill are half off on the first Saturday of every month?
I did, but I always forget this detail.
I had to take Wyatt to the groomer (he looks cute by the way) and since I was on that side of town, I decided to go to Goodwill and the used bookstore.
Check out what I managed to score from Goodwill:

I was excited!
I love Nicholas Sparks!
He wrote “The Notebook”, “A Walk To Remember”, and “Dear John” which are all good books! I have started to the read “The Wedding” and I am greatly enjoying it. The main character in the book – his wife – is the daughter of Noah and Allie from “The Notebook.” It is nice to read about him visiting Noah. I like how it is all tied together.
I bought all these for about $12. They were regularly $2.49 each and half off made them $1.25 each. I am assuming someone must have gotten rid of their entire collection. There loss is my gain. I got all Nicholas Spark books but one or two which I saw in someone else’s cart. I wanted to snatch them and claim them as my own. I didn’t though.


Have you been watching the news?
It rained and rained all weekend here in KY and TN. TN had it the worse though. Maybe I will steal borrow some pictures of people who posted what it looks like where I am from. TONS of places are flooded! I have never seen anything like it. I-24 was flooded Saturday night to the point where cars were completely covered by water. I would have been terrified. Matt and I were near the area that night. Thank god we decided to go home at that point.
Awful drive home back to KY for me. Rained the entire time and I had to go through standing water on the street 5 times. The forth time, I was nervous!


All in all, I had a lovely weekend!


I have more to say, but I want to stop typing and call my friend before I head to bed. Plus, Wyatt needs a good walk before he goes to sleep. (We both need to get out of my smokey apartment – I had to turn the air on so I have no way of getting rid of the smell now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment