Pages

Monday, December 14, 2009

Opryland Disappointed Me

This past weekend was wonderful for me.

Matt and I did some shopping on Friday evening at Wal-Mart (even though I
hate that store - desperately needed vacuum bags) and Books-A-Million so I
could pick out some books for him to buy me for Christmas. Books-A-Million
had an ad in last Sunday's paper with a coupon for 20% off any books with a
membership card. They also had a coupon in the Hallmark cards section for a
free stuffed snowman with the purchase of any 3 cards. I bought 3 $0.99
cards which I always need since I like to give cards for any occasion.


Aren't they cute? I have a GREAT Christmas project for them - just need to find
the right supplies! Stay tuned! :)


We stopped at McDonald's for dinner - up sized Matt's meal to get our free
cup.

Saturday I went to lunch at Olive Garden with my friend Maggie and her kids.
I had a really nice time. As usual, I ate some of my meal - filled up on
bread sticks and salad - and took the rest of my meal home for another meal.
(I ate it last night for dinner.) Thanks for a nice time Maggie!
When I got home from lunch I had some time to waste so I played some Wii
Mario Kart with G and when my parents left to go shopping, I surfed the web until Matt arrived to pick me up.
We (and when I say we, I mean me) decided to go to Oprymills mall to shop
and Opryland Hotel to see the Christmas lights. Sounds great in theory. Boy
was it crazy! On our way there, traffic was backed up about 2 miles to get
off the interstate at the exit for the mall. Both directions were backed up.
Then, it took about 30 minutes to find a parking spot. 30 minutes of
circling around! We got lucky when we got our spot. Needless to say, the
mall was packed! (Just so you know, it took us 45 minutes to leave the mall
parking lot.)
I had 2 $5 off coupons for Hallmark thanks to Matt since he printed them
from his computer for me.


Matt picked out the generic Snuggie for Wyatt (Org. $7.99). He insisted that
Wyatt needed it. I suppose he does. He will wear it whenever it is cold...
he sure could have used it last week.
SPEAKING OF WYATT!!!

I bought this bracelet just for the beads.
It was $12.99 and then half off. These same beads are sold at many stores
including Belk. I always wanted some to wear on a necklace. At Belk, for
one, they are regular priced at $15, but always half off so $7.50. I am not
paying that much for one bead! I could do without them. But these were
cheap. I cut the bracelet to get the beads off. I even wore the purple bead
today.

Grand total for both items: about $5.50
What a bargain!

Bought a yummy caramel apple from Apple Barn. MMMMMmmmmmm! I should have
bought another one for another day. I am craving one right now!

Opryland Hotel....


The water show...




It is an amazing site to see.
If you have never seen it, or it has been awhile since you have seen it, I
recommend going there.
However, if you are like me, and you go every year to see the lights and
sometimes during the other days in the year, you can skip it.
I was so disappointed.
I have been going there to see the lights every year since I was like 10
years old.
They have not changed anything!
I could have told you exactly where all the lights would be and what it
would it looks like. These are current pictures but I could have posted old
pictures and you would not have been able to tell any difference.
I don't know why it has never affected me before.
Spokespeople for Opryland hotel, if you are reading this, you need to
change/update some of the lights to make me happy. :)

(I had to take a picture of the sock monkeys in the window!)

Sunday, my parents and I went to Ruby Tuesday's for brunch - not worth it. I do not recommend going there. We all were not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment