Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

A Dusting Of Snow

I enjoying looking at snow.
I think it looks fresh and clean.
I don’t like to touch it.
I hate the cold weather it came with.
I prefer not to drive in it.
But in any case, this is what I woke up to.
Just a TAD BIT of snow!
A TAD BIT!
Hardly enough to even talk about.
Let alone mention on a blog!
But here it is...

I left a few minutes early for work thinking I would need to drive slow (more careful) since it was only 31 degrees. Well, I did drive a little (a lot) slower. Unfortunately, about half way to work I got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic.

AHHHhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

This was at about 6:55AM – I had to be at work by 7:30AM. For the record, I would have been on time. I sat in traffic – not moving – until about 8:30AM. If you are counting, that is about 1 1/2 hours!
I was a bit upset as you can imagine.
I do not have much patients for traffic when it is like that.
All I could think about was how I was going to be late to work and this is only my third week at the job. I kept debating turning around, but in the end, I stuck it out.
I called into work and she said not to worry; I was not the only one stuck in the traffic.
When I got to work, I learned that half or so of us were stuck in the traffic!
Thank goodness it wasn’t just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment