Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Presents and Food! Mmmmm....

I hope you and your loved ones had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.

I know I did!

I was sad I did not get to go shopping on Black Friday since I was working, but thankfully, Matt went and bought the few items I wanted. This was my first year in YEARS not being able to go. Even when I worked at Belk, I always made sure to ask for an afternoon shift.

On Thanksgiving Day I was off work. Since I had to work on Friday my parents and brother came up to see me. I had made a nice veggie tray and some cookies. I was trying to be a good hostess since this is the first time they really came to my house for an event.

(Just so you know, a pre-made veggie tray from Kroger was $9.99. I bought a bottle of ranch dressing, a bag of organic carrots, celery, and a package of cherry tomatoes for about $6.50 which was more food and less money then the tray. Not bad! You should do this next time you want to buy one. It only took me about 10 minutes to wash everything and cut it all up.)

While they were over, we moved around some of my furniture and finished putting a few items where they belonged.

We went and ate dinner at Cracker Barrel. And I have to admit I was impressed. They did a nice Thanksgiving dinner. We had turkey, mashed potatoes, corn, stuffing, and cranberries – all topped with some gravy. You also got to choose a piece of pie. I had a piece of pumpkin.

My parents had to leave that night since Toby dog was home alone. My brother decided to stay the night with me since I had already planned to go to my mom’s for the weekend since this weekend is also my birthday and anniversary with Matt. He was just going to hang around the apartment while I was working. That evening after our parents left we rented the movie “The Taking of Pelham 123” which started off boring, but ended up being a good movie.

Sunday is my birthday so when my family came down on Thanksgiving Day to visit me they gave me my gifts.

Mom bought me this wonderful new TV.

My brother got me these cute items for my wall…. I will place them in my kitchen where I am sure they will look good.

Today my mom made our homemade Thanksgiving lunch. I wish I had taken a picture to post on here. She made turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans and mulled cider.

YUMMY!

I am still full and we ate a few hours ago.

Now I am just waiting on Matt to get here so we can go to the big city where we will spend some time together shopping.

For our anniversary, I bought him a hoodie jacket, a wireless mouse, Scrubs DVD season 8, and a sock monkey ornament. For my birthday and anniversary combined, Matt is buying me a Wii system. He would have had it already, but I did not make a decision on whether or not I wanted extra features. He is hoping there will be some good deals on cyber Monday. I will keep my fingers crossed. I would like to get an extra controller with my system.



Here is the card he got me....
This includes many things I like:
The color purple
Disney
Dogs
And here is the back....
This shows how well Matt knows me! :)
(He probably does not want me to share this, but oh well...
He knows I ALWAYS look to see how much the card was. I always tell him not to spend more then $1 on a card. At first glance,in the dark car, I was all happy with him since I thought he spent $0.86. Boy was I wrong!
He spent $2.86!

No comments:

Post a Comment