Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'll Miss My Discount



I turned in my 3 weeks notice into my part-time employer a week or so ago for my last day to be November 14.

It is a little bitter sweet.

I am going to miss being there in a way.
I know I always complain when I have to work, but it is easy work when I am there (I work in the jewelry department). I have been there over 3 years and, I think, I am used to it at this point. Some people I work with have been there as long or longer and those are the people I will miss since I worked with them for so long. (Not to say I wont miss others, but you know what I mean.)
I appreciate the company for hiring me and keeping me for as long as they have. I started working part-time there while in college and then trained for management after college only to find out I hate working retail. (Which was mostly why I looked for a new and "better" job.)


I am glad to not have to work there another December!

It will be nice just shopping and not working during the busiest time of the year.
(People are so mean this time of the year! If you are one of them, you should be nicer - retail workers are poorly paid and under appreciated.)


Anyways, today is my forth to last day and I plan on looking for my last items to buy. I know I want to get Wyatt a new dog bed and I want to buy myself a few new pairs of dress pants for work. I am sure I will find a few more things to buy. I just do not want to spend a lot of money....

I will miss my 20% discount.

Maybe without the discount I will shop less.

We will see.

1 comment: