Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Homemade Peach Pie

You will never believe it, at least until you see the pictures, but I made peach pie ALL BY MYSELF!
Remember over the weekend I bought that big box of week old peaches for $12?
Well, I knew I needed to use them up so I decided I wanted to make peach pie.
I was sure I would be able to find a simple recipe that even I would be able to follow.
(I am still new to cooking.)
I did find that recipe.
This was my first attempt at pie...EVER!
And I gotta say, it was YUMMMMMMMY!!!!
Matt thought it was yummy too!
In case you wanted to know how to make it or you are just curious as to how I made it, here is the ingredients and directions.

Ingredients (I modified a little):
Refrigerated pie crust (top and bottom)
Fresh peeled and sliced peaches
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1 spoonful cinnamon
2 tablespoons sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl

Mix peaches into dry ingredients

Spray pie pan and place crust into pan

Add peach mixture to crust

Cover with top crust

Cut slits into top crust and seal the edges

Sprinkle top with 2 tablespoons of sugar

Cover the pie with tin foil, remove tin foil 15 minutes prior to being done

Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through the slits in the top crust

Easy!!!


Look how juicy my peaches were....
My piece.... mmmmmm.....

Don't you wish you had a piece?

No comments:

Post a Comment