Pages

Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Things You Miss While At Work


I decided to go home on my lunch break today for the first time ever. I had never tried to go home on lunch since I always thought it was too far since I live about 20 minutes away. I figured I might as well try since I usually just go sit in my car or drive around or go to the store since we do not have a break room at my work. Meaning I would either spend more, gas, or calories, or all of the above. I used to eat lunch in my car under a tree with the windows down but now it is too hot to do.
I was glad to discover I was able to be home for 25 minutes and still make it back to work with three minutes to spare.
Whoo Hoo!

The reason I am writing this is because I want to tell you how great my Wyatt is.
Everyday when I get home from work he is always right there barking and eager to greet me at the front door. Well, when I came home for lunch and turned the key in the lock, I did not hear barking.
And when I opened the door I was not greeted by my little cutie with his tail wagging.
So I called out to him.

"Wyatt!"

"Wyatt!"

"Come here, Wyatt!"

Finally I hear him coming down the stairs happy to see me. (He must not have heard me open the door.)
So two things:
1. He must sleep in his dog bed upstairs when I am not home. This means it is useless to place him in my chair each morning before I leave for work. I wonder why he sleeps up there? Does he like that dog bed better? Is the light or lack of light better? Hmmm...
2. He must know about the time when I come home from work for him to always be ready to say hello to me when I put the key in the lock. I know he does not come from upstairs. I also know on nights I am at my second job, according to Matt, about an hour before I come home he lays at the door waiting for me to come home.
I love my little dog!
He obviously loves me too!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! I think this means he really can think of things on his own! Mystery solved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I guess it is a mystery solved! He must only go up there when I am at work though.

    ReplyDelete