Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cable vs. Satellite

So which one do you have?
I currently have cable. I was lucky when I moved into my apartment since our local cable company was offering specials to new customers.
I pay about $60 for expanded cable, HBO, Cinnemax, the cable box, and the second to the highest Internet package. This price was only for one year unfortunately. My one year is now almost over. I did the math, and for what I have, it will cost $110 a month plus tax.
I refuse to pay that much!
I only need expanded cable and Internet! But still, too much money!
So now I am looking into satellite dishes. Both options will require me to sign some sort of contract - probable for 2 years.
Again, I refuse!
Why is this world making you sign a 2 year contract for everything!?!?!?!?!
What TV option do you use?

2 comments:

  1. Call your cable company and tell them that you can't afford the $110 and are thinking about getting a dish. My husband has to call the cable company about every 6 months when they decided to randomly change our rates. You would be surprised what kind of deals they will offer you! Know a price you want to spend and tell them you are sticking to it!

    HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...
    See, that is what I need to do. I just need to get the courage to do it. :)
    I have to get over it and just call them this week.

    ReplyDelete