Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More and More Money

If you are like me, you are trying to save money.

I try to save money just in case I lose my job or so I can have extra money if I see a good deal on something - like a new couch.

:)

It is so hard to save money right now!

Even though it is just $5 here and $5 there... those $5 start to add up.

We always seem to have some sort or activity going on that needs us to spend money on.

This Thursday we have a pot luck for two people who are leaving us (one got a new job and the other one is moving to a new state where her husband has a new job). I like them both and have no problem doing this but...

We had to pay $5 for someone to go buy meat.

We have to bring in a dish....I am bringing deviled eggs since they seem cheap and easy to make.

And, we have to give money to buy them both a gift card to somewhere. I only plan on giving $5...maybe $10.

So that is $15 or $20 for this pot luck.

Then, next Thursday we have another pot luck - for a baby shower. So again we have to bring in food. This time we get to buy our own present. I don't plan on spending a lot of money on this either. Maybe $15. So here is another $20 or $25 spent.

And then on top of that, there is a girl going around and collecting money for another baby shower I won't even be attending! This is for the person who is moving states. I do plan on getting her a baby gift either way, but I want to get one for her myself. I group gift sounds good in theory, but I want to put some thought into what I get her since I feel I am close to her.

I don't know why I feel so negative right now. I am just so sick of paying for things I don't want to participate in. It just seems they are never ending!

Don't get me wrong, I am thankful I have a job.

And I am thankful I work in an environment where we can do things like this.

I am not complaining about those things....

I don't know how to fully explain myself....

Do you see what I am trying to say though?

I guess I just wish it was more spaced out. $40 - $50 in one week is a lot of extra money to be spending....

No comments:

Post a Comment