Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mmmm....SOUP!

I have had yummy meals the past three nights from one main meat staple.

This week I had to work my second job three times so I needed to make some meals quick for dinner on those nights.

Tuesday night after my Weight Watchers meeting I decided to stop at Sam’s Club and buy a whole cooked chicken. It was $5. I knew it would help me make some quick and easy meals.

For dinner that night I had chicken, rice and mixed veggies.

Last night I had to work and I decided to make quesadillas. I used a flour tortilla, chicken (from my whole cooked chicken), and cheese. I cooked it in the microwave, but should have cooked it on the stove to make it crispy instead or soggy.

Tonight's dinner was Greek Lemon Chicken Soup. I started it before I left for work at my second job.

The ingredients I used for my yummy soup:

46 ounces of chicken broth

1 small can of Campbell’s cream of chicken soup

About 2 cups of chicken from the whole chicken

Lemon juice to taste (I wanted fresh but settled with bottled)

2 cups of rice

Directions:

In a crock pot, on low heat, mix together the chicken broth and cream of chicken.

Add in the chicken and lemon juice.

Let sit for as long as you want. (I left mine for about 5 hours while I went to work.)

Cook the rice according to the directions in a separate container.

About 20 minutes or so before you serve, add rice into your soup. (You can add it sooner, but if you do, it might become too thick and not be as “soupy”.


So there you have it, 3 meals from one $5 chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment