Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Marley and Me/ Wyatt and Me


Have you seen the movie "Marley and Me"?
Have you read the book?

I had seen the movie a few weeks ago and thought it was a great film! I cried and cried at the end. I even told Matt I didn't want the movie because it was so sad and hits too close to home.

Now I am reading the book. It is a wonderful story! Even better then the movie! John Grogan, the author, goes into such great detail of all the memorable experiences he had with his dog Marley - his actual dog. (This story is about his life when he had Marley.)

Everyone that has ever had a pet should watch the movie and/or read the book. Especially, if you feel your pet is a member of your family like I do. While Wyatt is not even close to being like Marley, I can relate in the fact that he is getting older and even though I don't like to admit it, I can tell. He is not as quick and as energetic as he once was. He now only has bursts of energy at moments. I don't think he can see so well at night either. I used to be able to plop him into bed and scoot him over at night when he pushed me too far to the other side. Now, if I move him at night in bed he freaks out! Once the lights are off, he will not move.....except to move closer to me each time I move over. He does this until I finally have to move him over so I can get back into the middle of the bed...sometimes we do this over and over several times a night.

He is truly a member of my family as well as my best friend. He has been here for me ever since I was in middle school. No matter how bad of a day I have, he is always happy to greet me and excited to lick me! :)

He been here for so many of my "firsts".
The first time I went on a date.
The first day I went to college.
The first day of my first job.

The first day of my first job after college.
He moved out with me.
We spent our first night alone in a new place......
Those are just a few, but their are many many more. Many insignificant events that only mean something to me.

Anyways, my point was you should go watch the movie and/or read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment