Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Always Double Check Your Receipts

Yesterday evening we went to Kroger to get a few grocery items. While there I saw this adorable bunny statue. The first time I saw it, I picked it up and saw it was 75% off $9.99 making it $2.50. I figured I didn't really need it and $2.50 was more then I wanted to pay for it. Well, I walked by it again, and I just knew I had to have it! It was meant to be since it was still there.... a mere 15 or so minutes later....

This picture does not do it justice.

Believe me, it is cute!

So I get home and have the groceries put away before I even look at the receipt. As I am looking it over I notice I was charged $9.99 for the bunny - THE FULL PRICE!

I go back to the store to get my price adjusted (a little after 9PM) and the girl tells me they are closed. So I ask if she will look at the receipt to make sure I am right about being over charged. She says I am right and that she can adjust it tomorrow morning when she works. This means I drove down to the store for nothing...I have to wait till tomorrow.

I leave kinda mad!

Some customer service!

If the store is open, customer service should be open!

Luckily, I live less then 5 minutes away.

Today I went back and the same lady was there. To my surprise, she remembered me and tells me they are just going to refund the whole amount! YAY! I was only expecting to get $7.50 (the difference) back!

Kroger made my experience good in the end!

Just remember to look at your receipts either before you leave the store or while you are in your car in the store parking lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment