Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Eggs, Eggs, and more Eggs!

About a week ago, I saw a wonderful blog on how to make a beautiful Easter egg wreath. The link is here: http://cindis.blogspot.com/2009/03/moms-do-some-grass-this-month.html
You be the judge is you think it is as cute as I think it is.
I choose pretty pastel eggs!
What you need:
Colorful Easter eggs (I had 60 - I used 57)
Easter grass ( I picked purple)
Large piece of cardboard
Ribbon
Hot glue gun
Scissors
You can make your wreath as large or as small as you desire. The traced circle on the right on this picture is the one I started with but decided it was too small. So I used a lamp shade for the outer circle and a bowl for the inner circle to make a parger wreath template.
Next I cut out my circle for the wreath. The inner circle was hard to remove. It actually took some effort to cut it out. This part took the longest time of all the prep work. Take your time when you cut the circle out.
In case you are wondering, I got my eggs from Hobby Lobby for $0.33 a package. The grass is also from Hobby Lobby and I think it was about $1.00. My cardboard was just a scrape piece I had.

Here is my circle once I had it cut out.

Directions:
Start at one end of the circle and hot glue the eggs in any order you like. I started with green and pink. You can do it however you want, but I decided to keep all my eggs facing the same way. I did the outer circle first then the inner circle.

This is how mine looked once I got the outer edge done.

Next, I started the inner circle.


Make sure you leave some room at the top for where you will place your bow.
Place more eggs on top of the two rows that are already hot glued down.


This next part is the hardest part. You want to cover as much of the cardboard as you can by hot gluing grass in between the cracks onto the cardboard. I burned my finger twice, but I think it was worth it!


This is as far as I got for tonight. I still have to buy ribbon to make a bow and put more grass in the cracks to cover the cardboard.
I'll be sure to post the finished picture tomorrow when I am done.
What do you think so far?

No comments:

Post a Comment